Suggestion Price for opening slots on items

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Master0fpuppets, May 8, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you support this idea?

Poll closed Aug 8, 2015.
  1. Yes, I do support this.

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No, I do not support this. (Why are you not supporting this idea? - Answer in thread)

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master0fpuppets

Master0fpuppets Forum Baron

Hello,
    I have a 2 suggestions, don't know is it plausible to actualy implement in game.
    So suggestion 1 is that opening new slots have one price (2400 Andermant) for all slots eg: Legendary item with 2 slots at start would cost 7200 Andermant to open 3 remaining slots. Unlike right now where price get's to be realy high, 1600 Andermant for 3th slot + 4800 Andermant for 4th slot + staggering 14400 Andermant for 5th slot (thats a lot of Andermant for just one slot) and the total of 20800 Andermant.

Suggestion 2 is that if one price for slots is not plausible to implement in game at least cut the cost, prices are super high right now, and I know 70% of players can't afford to pay that much for slots or they are unwilling to spend there Andermant even though item that They got is good, so please help us out a little bit. :)
    Prices should then be on a Legendary item with 2 slots at start: 1600 Andermant for 3th slot - 3200 Andermant for 4th slot - 4800 Andermant for 5th slot and the total of 9600 Andermant.

How know, maybe event Andermant sales go up. :)

2. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

im happey to pay this price for slots.....but when we fave legendary drop bro...drops are down in everything... starting to loose the urge to play this game:( even if there is new level cap and new maps and monsters that would make you say wow......but guess what? NO drop!!!

3. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

They seem to be following the paradigm '5% of users make 95% of profit'. Idk how to shift them to 80/20.

+1 to suggestion. Same on crafting prices :)

Master0fpuppets likes this.
  4. maancrust

maancrust Junior Expert

I support your 2nd suggestion more than the first.

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Hum, not sure on option one or two, But I've thought it would be nice if you could invest glyphs to open a slot and those glyphs used to open a slot would be non refundable (i.e. you don't get the glyphs spent to open the slot back if you melt the item)

Kiwigal1244 likes this.
  6. Master0fpuppets

6 yes and 2 no.
    Seem like 2 haters to me (and I have just the in mind) since they did not even answer why they don't like the idea. Oh well, some people never change. :)

Baragain, nice idea but I don't think that ever gonna happen.

7. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

i cant really choose betwoon support and not support. it s clear something should change, but what....
    i think there should be a max amount that can/should be payed for opening slots.
    imagine you have 2h swords. 1 gives 700 dps and has 3 or 4 slots, the other has 2 perfect damage and 2 perfect %damage lines, but 0 or 1 slot. the way it is now, i d use sword 1 and open the remaining slots. cause i d be paying 30+k who knows, even more maybe, to open up the slots. not worth it.
    so how about introducing at least a max cost, like a total of 15 k max, to open all slots. or give a discount if you decide to open multiple slots at once.

8. thedarkestlight

thedarkestlight Advanced

The main problem about opening slots and high costs,is that u never know when an even better item is going to drop.
    Maybe it would be much more helpful if the devs release the max. possible stats on items?

9. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

You mean like this?
    Given that weapons are what most people care about, that post from the R139 Patchnotes should give you a good idea of maxes or at least a feel. Also, peruse the "Show what you have threads" and you will get an even better idea of what is and is not possible.

10. Master0fpuppets

15K Andermant for slots is also super high for most players to pay, especialy the new players who are playing on lower levels then we do. Anyway I rather spend 15K Andermant on gems then on opening slots.

11. jayr3d

jayr3d Regular

i agree the slot open prices are expensive i had made a topic on this before but i was thrown out but glad someone else also brought it up again shows its a issue to be addressed hope they look into this and consider ur 2nd or 1st suggestion or come up with their own reasonable one

12. Master0fpuppets

That is so very true, this is a real issues in game 'couse right now game focus in on endless grind for everything, that i a bit to much grind. Where did the fun of playing go?
    Something need to change, fast. The way it is now, I realy rather go play something else with less grind and more fun.

13. Pole has closed. Closing thread.
    A grand total of... 13 votes. Either apathy rules, or people aren't too worried about the current gem slot pricing. Lets face it: items are fully functional without embedded gems. And you can find items with up to four slots already open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.