Suggestion Change Guild Battle Rewards?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by NightWalker, Mar 29, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

Guild Battle Rewards (ander and gold as shown on twitch) simply degrades the community. First of all, many people of different guilds will gather for the sake of beating others. Furthermore, since people turn into enemies when they are in different guilds, this naturally promotes an unhealthy overall community.

Furthermore, even within a guild, people will argue to get rewards. Those who are strong will naturally want the rewards as they represent the guild to earn it. Those who are weaker will also want the rewards. Therefore, a guild will break within itself. This defies the point of having a guild in the first place.

So, a suggestion I would like to make is giving away one time use emotes/costumes/pets. This way, arguments will not break out in a guild or with another guild. Any other reward is also possible as long as the reward does not make the player any stronger. This is to prevent a slippery slope commonly seen in many MMORPGs that will ultimately lead to failure.

Knightofyourlife and CrazyGrape like this.
  2. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

I simply don't see anyone doing it for pure fun. Rewards are an incentive to participate in guild wars. Guild members can only participate if they been in the guild for 20 days. GM am one officer is all that are allowed to distribute the rewards. With this if people only join guilds to win I think there will be some issues here. Greed keeps people from grouping. If you have a really strong toon then it is possible they will want a weaker set if the rewards are based on you overall performance.

Wyrwiflaka likes this.
  3. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Players already gather to beat others. Teams continue over time. Guilds form. It is no more unhealthy that the game itself.
    Arguments are negotiations without resolution. Resolutions are why Guild Masters and Officers are made. It doesn't have to go to the argument stage, if the standards are set up early.
    One-time items are considered a waste of space by many. Novelty soon wears off, and they become valueless. Gold and Ander keep their usefulness. Permanent emotes or costumes might be worth considering.

4. Wyrwiflaka

Wyrwiflaka Exceptional Talent

Yes, guilds wars in games always are bad idea and destroy game and cooperating and players. I know games with it and show there terror and crime bechaviours for strong players to weaker. Just like a gang and bandits.
    Rewards... it is a smallest problem of this option.

Knightofyourlife likes this.
  5. NightWalker

I recognize that teams do form for pvp. I am perfectly fine with guild wars. Guild wars need no incentive as people who wish to participate will already. However, by giving out ander/gold as rewards this will lead to stronger players become stronger which is a major flaw in several games. This is because in order to beat these people with more privilege, you will have to spend your money or time forcing the game to be p2w even more. I am fine with giving special emotes or costumes for certain "leagues" that a guild has achieved in pvp. However, within a guild, there are weak and there are strong. Deciding who to give the reward simply causes arguments.

Furthermore, I noticed that the current standard of guild PVP has a designated time. This means that people from different time zones might not be able to participate. Therefore, I also suggest that guilds can hold "guild pvp" anytime. It will be like registering for battle. This is one major theme that DSO has upheld: no designated time events that alters the lives of the players. People shouldn't only be able to participate in guild PVP at 4:00 am in the morning or 2:00 pm when they are still at work or something. Guild pvp should only exist to allow guilds to compete, not destroy the game.

6. matami

matami Someday Author

+1 for this suggestion or at least GB is not good idea in this form.

You prefer should make it more like this:
    Guilds also would have levels like players that would give some benefits to member/guild...

level 10 +10% more damage against monsters
    level 9 10 more player slots for guild
    level 8 1 extra tab in inventory ( = 28 item slot)
    level 7 +10% more gold/glyphs from selling/melting item
    level 6 +5% more hp, armor and resistance against monsters
    level 5 10 more player slots for guild
    level 4 1 extra tab in Kobold (= 16 item slot)
    level 3 +10% more movement speed in PvE
    level 2 +5% increased chance of finding items from regular monsters
    level 1 +5% more honor points from PvP match
    level 0 +5% more gold and andermants from PvE - this is the starting level for all guilds

Every next level would need some amount of experience points (like all skill trees etc)... lets say we call them reputation points.
    there would be 3 way to get the reputation points: buying (of course this is for BP :) a lot $$$$), participating in guild battles and drop from PvE - i imagine the reputation points could be like healthglobes but green and stepping over them would collect it and add the points for guild.

and after guild gets to the top level and start to get extra points they could either save them for next level if there would be more levels in future or spend them in guild shop what would sell like "option that player can add own coutrys flag right next to their names", maybe national costumes etc you name it :) only ones who could use the guild shop could be guildmaster and the new "guild battle officer".

something like that above would be much better than that what Greg suggested now IMHO.

jahmed1 and Piipero like this.
  7. Piipero

Piipero Junior Expert

Rewards from GW should be for the guild, not for the individuals. That's why I strongly support rewards similar to Matami's post. To have them for the guilds only would lessen the amount for need to guild hopping or selfish reasons.

8. NightWalker

Something along the lines of what matami posted sounds great. Leveling the guild can show how old a guild is and some perks would be nice (not as much as what matami suggested though). Guild pvp can contribute to leveling a guild and so can PVE(but slower). This is so that people who dislike pvp can still level guilds slowly through full time PVE. However, if the guild level system is not implemented, the reward should not be ander/gold still. I have already suggested the rewards on previous posts and I will add the option of awarding "dyes" as well.

9. matami

matami Someday Author

yep at least it need to be thought through and make it that way that it doesnt make people hate each other, kick out people who doesnt play pvp or have lesser time to play per day. and you all probably know how rude people can be in DSO giving some people opportunity to hand out rewards is like giving a baseball bat to bully. and that it's just part of prize that GM or officer can hand out is just equally bad. somebody just plays lesser/go on few days break or something and gets rewarded just because they have been 20 days in your guild. like i said in the beginning this just leads to kicking out inactive people very easily :(

for example like we have there's some players 2nd character which is played a little lesser so we would need to think if we kick them out and maybe loose friendship because of that or give them free prizes just because their character sit in our guild and make other guild members hate them... that's lose-lose situation :(

10. MegaNuker

I think there is still one peace of the puzzle your missing. The people that are more active in Guild wars will get rewarded each time they compete. The guild will get rewarded weekly based on the league that they are in. If a person simple does not want to do guild war then they simple fail to get rewarded and hence others get more. Since you can have a 5 teams with 6 or more seems to me like you can have a few not want to in a guild and it not be a big deal.

11. jahmed1

jahmed1 Forum Apprentice

As having the reward system mentioned on the twitch stream break everything of what a guild should be and tear apart friends that are not in the guild and only give the rewards to higher damaging players which are the wealthy one's anyway why not do something where a battle will increase a guild experience and collecting a certain amount of experience will give things such as perks and unlock able items that are being sold from a guild vendor.

Example:

Guild perks:

Level 1 : 2%+ speed to all characters in the guild

Level 2 : 2 extra free slots

Level 3 : Guild warhorse unlocked in guild shop!

Level 4 : An extra 25% of the coins picked up from members in the guild go towards the guild bank

Level 5 : Repairs now cost 20% less.

BigPoint I know you want to make money and you have alot of people you have to pay to keep the company going but simply raising some good unlockable prizes in the guild shop can get you ander which is brought from real money. So win win for everyone. Nobody turns into enemies, no guilds "breaking" and overall a better world with better cooler items (guild items) and most importantly a better community.

GUILD BANK [][][][][]

Having a guild bank would be awesome, maybe unlocking some slots with ander or a certain level. You can stat of with a currency meter where playres can deposit money or anderment and certain people can take out items and currency. Maybe the guild can buy something from the guild shop as a whole, like 50 special cloaks for a certain amount of ander, and the cloaks will go to the bank and distibuted to every member. Also having slots in the bank that may help other people, which can hold certain gear and/or fragments or essence. You can also raise the prices of opening new slots, but the guild bank must be very big to start of with maybe 100 slots then every 25 slots cost 15k andermant.

Anyone reading this feel free to copy and paste onto your own post. Thanks for reading.

12. pydragons

pydragons Padavan

Currently what BP is thinking is as always very amateur and thoughtless.
    Just stalk few games where guild battles is done right and do something similliar, or simply copy and paste it.
    Long ago I was spaming to BP to be more creative but should I start spaming again to go back to copy and paste becouse nothing in this game is done right.

So many years in the game development bussiness and they are still at amateur level.

13. Squeeps

Squeeps Forum Apprentice

Guild battles should definitely 100% HAVE rewards.

14. MegaNuker

Well I like what team drakensang has done with this game. I simply love the isometric style of games. I have played other game of this style for hours on end. There is simply a lot of creatively going on and I see it all the time. If you feel this game is full of armatures then that is your right, but I would question why you still play. And yes I have tried to play games that where very bad and the fun factor was not there and I simply stopped playing those games. Good games; like this one; have people that keep coming back to it over and over again.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    Dragonnns likes this.
  15. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Why? Because you decided to create a guild for guild battles?

Remove all rewards!

Is there anything you don't like from BP? Because I start thinking this is someone on BP's payroll with fake account. :D

Knightofyourlife and GroovieGimp like this.
  16. sunglee7676

sunglee7676 Forum Apprentice

if you have anders and golds as rewards OP guilds will rule the guild battles. Same thing happend to the other games that I've played.

17. NightWalker

I can tell most of the supporters for rewards are players who are probably good PVPers. I have more than 1 character that constantly ranks top in matches but I do not want to join the strongest guild just for the sake of rewards. I rather help out newbies in the game.

MegaNuker, you are the one missing the puzzle. It doesn't matter if you participate, if the GM doesn't give you the rewards, you don't get it.
    Furthermore, other people also agreed that Guild Wars will make people hate each other.

Yeah, I never said Guild Wars shouldn't. I am saying they shouldn't be anything that advances the player forward.

Side note: Can any moderator change the name of this thread to "Change Guild Battle Rewards?" At least the current title "Remove Guild Battle Rewards" allows me to see that many people on the forum REPLY before READING thread :D

Never said I wasn't giving rewards.
    One line comment from a forum greenhorn. Greenhorn clearly did not read thread before posting. I never said I was gonna "remove" the rewards.

18. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

If your GM is a xick, you shouldn't be there in the first place. Go proactive.
    And if you don't negotiate a deal going in, you get what you deserve.

19. NightWalker

The problem is the weaker players who aren't receiving as much reward would complain. If everyone left then guilds should just be 5/5 not 50/50. One strongest team is enough.

20. Anyki

Anyki User

Hello NightWalker,

I have done as you requested.

Cheers,
    Anyki

NightWalker and Knightofyourlife like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.