Khalys (More to Say)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Utoy, May 17, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Utoy

Utoy Forum Greenhorn

The earlier thread on Khalys shutting down was shut down so quickly before I even had a chance to have my say. This is the "Speaker's Corner" is it not?

I'm sick and tired of hearing from other players that Khalys and Sigris are "fake" servers and that the servers here at Big Point are the "REAL" ones. First of all, I was a player here on BP for a couple of years until I started to get this notice RIGHT HERE on the Drakensang website by BIG POINT:

"Hi There! We've identified that you are connecting from Philippines.

That's great! You get to play with the South East Asian Community powered by Friendster, our fantastic partner from your region. Enjoy exciting events and promos exclusive to Drakensang SEA players."

To me that sounds like a ringing recommendation from Big Point itself to try the Asian Servers, that they're official, and that their legit. Why else would they be recommending it to players?

So based on Big Point's recommendation, I tried the Asian servers. That's the ONLY reason I ever tried it. And now a few months later the Asian servers have gone to EDIT. I've invested a lot of time and money in building up my character there and it's deeply disappointing that now GMs at this forum seem to be disowning the Asian servers with other players calling it "fake" and "not real". That disappoints me even more.

You can look. Big Point's recommendation to try the Asian Servers is STILL HERE. It's STILL pointing players based in Asia to try those servers. Big Point should share a certain measure of responsibility for helping players they pointed to Friendster to solve their problem.

To those players who feel that it might be unfair to them... why not just create another server here at BP where players from Asia can migrate to? That way we don't have to unnecessarily give players at Tegan or Grimmag or any other existing server undue disadvantage.

Whatever the solution, a solution MUST be made. You, BIG POINT, made us trust the Asian Servers by your recommendation. You should have our backs.

Last edited by moderator: May 17, 2015
  2. 1) This is the Speaker's Corner... for Big Point DSO. Not for one of the DSO franchises. I will leave this thread open for now. If it becomes a crap-fest, I will close it and perma-ban offenders. Use this opportunity wisely.
    2) No Support or Forum staff would refer to any of the franchise DSO's or their servers as being "fake". Each were run independently and in their own style.
    3) Many websites have links to sister/partner websites. That does not mean that they unequivocally endorse said website. And they are certainly not responsible for it.
    4) My personal opinion is that Big Point should have been encouraging SE Asian players to head to the Tegan or Agathon servers, but the decision was not mine to make or to influence. The promotion may well have formed part of the BP-Friendster agreement. Note: players were not forced to play on the Friendster servers - they had the same choice as any other player.
    5) Friendster took your money, and it was on their servers that you spent your time developing your characters. What are they going to do for you?

3. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

My biggest problem with the Friendster server is that they were not part of the main BigPoint family (and thus just why most people called it "Fake"). As a partner, they were able to set the drop rates however they wanted, and they set them so high it was ridiculous. They also had ridiculous discounts and all together made the game very different.

You always run a risk when you play someway other than on the main site through the main site/client. There were people who played through 3rd party access sites from time to time have trouble accessing their accounts. Others can't buy Andermant because their 3rd party site's financial systems don't play nice with BigPoint's.

You are welcome to play on Tegan or Agathon, but it was Friendster that shafted you, not BigPoint. Also, neither party made you pay money. Considered it a lesson learned. Play on BP's owned and operated servers and don't pay for what you can farm for free.

4. Trailboss1

Trailboss1 Forum Mogul

Baragain, Allogeneous.....

Are y'all saying that that someone can play DSO on another server BESIDES the one provided by BigPoint?

For certain people, I'm not looking for a smart allic answer...I honestly don't know. I not to computer savvy.

5. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Yeah, I believe that the game was franchised out in Southeast Asia. I don't know if someone from the USA for example could have accessed them but there were 3rd party franchises out there.

6. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

You could access the Friendster servers from outside SEA, but you would have higher ping times to that server. I'll just keep with BP's server though, thanks.

7. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

I feel sorry for people there. I played on Sigris server once but it was not a good experience due to lag. I can hope, but maybe not happen, that Ten might take over those servers.

EDIT: I like what Dragonnns says. I think also people on the Friedster servers might be extremely happy with Teagan and Agathon. I am not quite sure I know how populated those servers where, but a higher population means a better experience for you with this game.

See you in GAME...

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  8. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

It is always difficult when a product or service you use becomes unavailable, either because the company opted to no longer provide said product or service, or because they can't. When a company goes bankrupt many are angry and frustrated.

So while it is unfortunate that Friendster is having problems, on the plus side, players can move to the Tegan server, increasing its population. Meanwhile, those having to leave Friendster still get to play Drakensang. Yes, they lose their characters but they haven't lost the game entirely.

MegaNuker likes this.
  9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.