Lag issues on Win8.1

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by karlsult1, Mar 13, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karlsult1

karlsult1 Forum Apprentice

Hi,

On my older pc game runs perfectly all the time (vista).

On a new pc (with better graphic card, etc) but win8.1 it lags every now and then during a fight, a bad lag.

I still use same internet connect, and browser (chrome), java version is latest... ver8.

Any idea? I am also still using same graphic settings (everything low).

Thanks,
    Karl

2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Are they both desktops, or laptops? Ive noticed the best performance on my i5 win 7 desktop w nvidia 750ti and ethernet, followed by my win 8.1 i7 laptop with an nvidia 860m, then by my 4yr old and obsolete and now failing amd a8 win 7 laptop, and the worst experience on my even older and more obsolete 8 year old core 2 quad desktop with a radeon hd 7750 and running vista. (The last two need to be recycled).

maybe try using the client?

Alternatively, the problem may be the ethernet port or wifi adapter in your newer computer.

3. karlsult1

I think it's working better the client version not in browser....

Both are desktops, on older pc it worked perfect in browser. What can be wrong with the ethernet port, this pc is brand new? That's worrying.

Thanks

4. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Karlsult,

New pcs come with a virus protection. This is the number 1 problem with slow downs in pc history. In fact they cause so much havoc with installation, the installers normal say disable them while you installing. Since my laptop only runs this game and never browses the Internet I uninstalled all of the virus programs. It used to update daily and would cause me to wait 2 or at the most 5 mins til I could play with the frozen login screen.

5. karlsult1

ok I look into it thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.