Quest: Cold as Ice - up to 140min to complete????

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by n1kon, May 15, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n1kon

n1kon Forum Greenhorn

How I'm suppose to finish quest Cold as Ice on Iron Forest map? I could add that I would like to complete it and do not be annoyed!? To complete it I need to get 50 Ice Shards but there are only 4 Ice Defenders and most time they drop 1-2 Ice shards each group (~2min spawn time). Just waste of time... It means that I need to spend up to 140min standing in one location. I'm not sure what developers think when they added above quest but it should be changed as soon possible!

2. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

If this annoys you, wait until you see Ammon's quests (one of the requirements for a weapon quest is 700 items of a kind, and that's not the entire mission; you'll see later on). We all know your pain, we did that quest too, and many other similar and harder ones. It takes time, yes, but unless you get used to farming, this game will be a massive pain the back for you.

3. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

@n1kon

Do you have a guild? Having 2 or 3 people to help is key.

Have 2 people goto Iron Forest. If they are in different instances then group with one zone drop party kill ice minions group with the other goto eternal watch zone back drop party kill ice minions group up with the first and goto eternal watch zone back drop party ....

This will cut the time down required to complete the quest.

4. Mindship

Mindship Forum Inhabitant

Think of your toon as a long-term project, not something to complete ASAP (resisting the temptation to rush can be as formidable as the amount you have to collect). Think months from now, maybe longer, and before you know it, you'll have quite an impressive, little virtual gamepiece. Take big-quest breaks; work on smaller ones. There are numerous ways to make the farming tolerable (and farming is what this game is all about). If nothing else, take it as a challenge: You vs the Devs. Does a hero crack under mass-quantity pressure? Say thee, Nay!

5. Delikvent

Delikvent Forum Apprentice

This game is not something that u finish in 2-3 months. This is game where u take sweet time and enjoy. So be patient, play for fun and and enjoy. If ice shards u find for hard to get than u should quit game, because parallel world quests are far, far harder and need much more time to be finished.

6. n1kon

n1kon Forum Greenhorn

@Morinphen Yeah I already seen Parallel World quests but I grinding is not a problem. I was just sooooo bored when I had to wait 2 min to kill 4 mobs and get 1 Ice shard. I enjoy playing Drakensang and grinding should not be big issue if I will have anything to kill :)

@MegaNuker thanks! Will try to do it your way on next character :) ah but I don't have guild yet. I'm semi-solo player focused on story mode. Probably will look for guild soon.

@Mindship I would like to forget that I lost nearly 2 hours on that spot... I will be more focused on my current project... level grinding^^ I have done all quests for my level xD and I need 75% to get 33...

@Delikvent check above :) Like I told spending time on "killing" is something I enjoy... spending time and do nothing was not:)

Thanks for answers!:) Have a nice time in game.

7. Morinphen

I was put off when I did this quest as well, but if I learned anything so far, it's that you just have to go with it and eventually come out on top (much like what Mindship said in the last part of his post above).

Anyway, you have to farm XP at lv33? How so? I never really faced the need until lv40+.

8. n1kon

n1kon Forum Greenhorn

I also would like to know why :) This is my 1st character. I have done all quests for levels 32-33 and now I need to level up to 33 to unlock level 34 quests. I'm farming on Eternal Watch map (level 33-35 + repeatable quest for some silver). I also farm Blackborg, means I should be above my level (currently I have ~1500 fairy wood).

9. Morinphen

Curious. Well, good luck then, and may you have a good drop!

n1kon likes this.
  10. n1kon

n1kon Forum Greenhorn

Thanks! :D I got legendary shotgun few minutes after reading your post^^
    [​IMG]

Morinphen and _Baragain_ like this.
  11. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

For a LVL 33, that is an awesome 2H. If you have any other rubies, you want to put them in those slots to take advantage of the 41.5% damage line.

n1kon likes this.
  12. Morinphen

Well, well, that's awesome :D. I'm glad my words were such a lucky charm for you :). Do as Baragain said, and you'll be making the most of it ;).

13. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

There is a trick to this quest.
    Depending on the instance you logged in, the number of ice defenders can change.
    So, if you see less ice defenders, try to go to a different instance (and if there is only one instance at that time, just wait a couple of hours doing something else and come back)

14. awaroa

awaroa Advanced

it cant be that bad the quest because i cant even remember doing it. there must be other npc-s in the area that you can kill while waiting.so you willl be xp farming and questing at the same time.

15. Morinphen

You can't play the same character over multiple servers, so that trick is kinda useless.
    Kill NPCs? I think you meant something else :D. I do remember doing it, and yes, it did take a while. Anyway, since it's a wilderness map and not a dungeon, you could have other players steal your kills on the ice minions... so most people just sit there and wait. Best thing would be to make a group while there with others, so nobody complains about kill-stealing.

16. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

He isn't talking about different servers. He is talking about different map instances. Instances are what are used to keep a map from getting overloaded. If everyone who was online and in the Iron Forrest had to share the same map, it would be tons of people and tons of lag. Instead, if a map nears capacity, the server creates a new instance of the map and sends the player there. From there, the enemy pattern changes due to certian randomness factors. For example, I've seen Iron Forrest with as little as 2 minions, and I've seen as many as 6. So, if you get an instance with only 2, then you ought to just farm something else and come back later when hopefully you will get into a new instance and you will have more minions in your map.

17. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

These "wilderness" maps also reset every 15 minutes or so if no one is in them. When someone enters the empty map/instance it sets the mob positions. If it is not to your liking go kill something in another map for 15 min's then try it again. Either you will get a new instance or the map will reset to another mob configuration if no one has been in it. This is one nice advantage of Tegan :)

18. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

Or switch to PvP / PvE and re-enter the map. ;) This is a new trick to change instances.

BigPapa and MegaNuker like this.
  19. Morinphen

Oh, well... didn't know that :D. Thanks to the three of you. I learned something today ;).

20. Dragoul1

Dragoul1 Forum Greenhorn

Yes It takes time worse if another player their and kills before you get a chance GL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.