Help

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Haragoshima, May 16, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haragoshima

Haragoshima Someday Author

I got this random message from somebody named EDIT that said greeting and when i messaged him back or tried it said user name unknown. I double checked to see if i misspelled, but i didn't. Should i be worried. Does this kind of thing always happen. I don't even know the guy and to find out he knows my username and his is unknown doesn't sit well with me.

Last edited by moderator: May 17, 2015
  2. Anyki

Anyki User

Hello Haragoshima,

Chances are it just means that the player went offline, there is nothing unusual to the message.

Cheers,
    Anyki

3. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Don't be paranoid regarding random messages. They happen. The said player probably saw you in an urban area, and simply wrote to you. Maybe they want to ask you to form a group, or want to ask you a question... things like that. You can message someone by pressing Ctrl, clicking their name and choosing the messaging option (that's also how you can invite a player to your group if you can't type their name in; works on names in the chat as well), so you don't have to fear about how he, a stranger to you, knew your name.

4. Trailboss1

Trailboss1 Forum Mogul

You can just click on the name in chat. No need for CTRL, unless it's from local list.

But yeah, probably wanted to group with ya. And when you got the unknown user message he probably logged out....or..probably the most possible answer is he got disconnected (DCed)

5. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Just remember, you aren't paranoid....if they really are after you:eek:

DesertKoala and Trailboss1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.