Suggestion Improve ess. set

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by thedarkestlight, May 9, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Is my opinion worthy?

1. YES i agree

42.9%
  2. NO i dont

57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedarkestlight

thedarkestlight Advanced

Hello I'd like to suggest to improve the bonus enchants on the ess. set from the DoE event.
    Here's why-
    • It occupies 4 armor positions,and still gives only 1 set bonus.:mad:
    • Comparing to other sets,all other sets give at least 3-4 bonus enchats,be it warlord,new moon,full moon,keen's,etc.:confused:
    • Since it has 4 pieces almost no other sets can be simultaneously used with it except full moon,deep sea set,etc.
    • Heck many people love DoE,but how many of the love the set and use it? NOTE-even though many people didn't get the torso,nobody suggested that thing in Gnob offers thread:p denoting the unpopularity of set.
    • Also the red boss wasn't as easy as other bosses,or the drops were pretty easy so everyone can get it in a matter of sec.;)

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ likes this.
  2. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

this is very balanced between damage hp and armor. 15% more damage is awsome. people just need crit, is why they don't use set but if you have the crit this set is better.

3. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I use the set on both my dk and sm and it is more valuable than you think despite having only one set bonus.

The individual item bonuses can be very good and they level up well and fairly cheaply compared to legendary items . Get your pieces up to 48 and you could have +130 total damage and +1300 hp and armor in the item bonuses with above average pieces. And the +15% damage modifies everything at the higher glyphed up numbers, whereas gear with fixed +damage or +crit like the dark set does not have any set bonus improvement as you glyph up the gear.

Additionally, the set works well with other items such as a single dark helmet, the mortis helmet, or the vargulf set. A dk with this set, 2 rings of death, a 4x crit adornment plus the dark helmet and level 45 seal of death can be a very good heal-dps dk in pvp.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  4. thedarkestlight

thedarkestlight Advanced

Agreed it is balanced,but you get armor and hp on every other piece of armor,right?

Agreed,I like the cheap upgrade costs,and the upgraded values.Well never thought about the armor and hp values in that way.Well the fact is that i'm mainly supporting to get a few more enchants like prob. speed defense bonus,etc.
    Btw getting mortis helm,or 2 RoD isn't as easy. :p
    Anyways thnx for ur opinions.

5. .DanielSang.

.DanielSang. Forum Greenhorn

its only shortcoming as far as I am concerned is that you have no movement speed bonus with it

6. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I agree that the mortis helmet is hard to get, but getting a 2d RoD as a DK is pretty easy if you have a good guild or set of friends. I just picked up the RoD quest a couple weeks ago and i'm past halfway on the frags. And you can use a legendary ring with damage until you finish the repeat ring quest.

7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

And for a dedicated farmer, you can finish the ring in as little as a day. I've been working on farming glyphs for my 2H sword, so I have been doing a lot of Map2. My best yet was a RoD in about 8 hours of farming. So far, farmed 3M glyphs in map2, but only gotten one RoD that was good enough to replace something I already had.

And so that I don't get yelled at for being off topic, The Red Ess set has the potential to be awesome or garbage. You can have awesome damage stats, but low HP and armor and you will have a hard time surviving. Or you could have excellent HP and armor, but low damage and that defeats the purpose of the set. Unless you get in the upper 20% of the possible stats, it is probably not that good.

8. thedarkestlight

thedarkestlight Advanced

Ok guys agreed,it's just what i'm saying is that,while the other sets in the game give multiple bonuses,why can't this set have multiple?
    PS-Also noticed there isn't an achievement on having full set.:p

9. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

Yes the red-set is awesome, but like thedarkestlight said it lacks in bonus set.
    Unlike all other sets, the red set is a Hybrid...it has variable stats like the Moon sets, but comes only once a year like most events.

In the last feedback of DoE, I suggested that the stats should be at least fixed and not variable or it should come every month like the Moon events.

There are many downsides to this set and only one upside and that is the +15% of damage.
    I only use it to farm PW...anywhere else this set is useless.

thedarkestlight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.