Complaint about Tegan server

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by tonariway, May 12, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonariway

tonariway Forum Apprentice

Tegan server day by day becomes more and more empty, people who i meet in pvp/pve are more like my neighbours in the countryside. Its hard to get group for end bosses, especially for khalys and 0 chances for destructor.
    6vs6 depends on “happy hours” when we all friendly decide to register.
    Not talking about PvP balance - its not exist.
    RIP region chat channel – tegan’s players never use it, because we’re doing mostly HoD.
    <45lvls hardly gets a group to do quests because urban areas are empty, so only option is to get guild/friends or pay money.
    So… I still don’t get it, why exist two USA servers? Because tegan’s players cant have fun as heredur do and in my opinion its truly unfair.
    I wont make it as suggestion where devs just look at and forget.
    Its serious mistake just made from the beginning.
    ------------------
    I dont know about others so im up to read some opinions at first.

jayr3d likes this.
  2. Blindsenses

Blindsenses Forum Apprentice

It's pretty hard to mitigate 2 servers but it would be extremely nice if they would allow to transfer characters between servers, of course with restrictions like, maximum 1 or 2 characters or such.

Probably this wouldn't happen in the near future since they are working pretty hard on Lor'tac but most probable in the near future they will do it.

I think i heard Greg saying something about this in a twitch but since i am not 100 percent sure that i actually heard it accurate, we can only wait.

But i'm just thinking...because you are in the States, transffering your char to Heredur won't help you that much since the period of time which is most populated by players would be when you sleep.

Cheers!

3. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

here's a long shot,and will get flak for this from at least 3-4ppl here.
    but maybe support can transfer one main toon at a one shot deal to another server of your choice,depending if you are pay to play.
    but i dont see them doing that.
    or combine agathon and ditch tegans.
    dont really see that either.
    only option is make a new toon on another server,something no one likes to hear i know.
    if we could see how many people are on a server,we would pick the one most populated.(example,10,000 on agathon,75,000 on heredur)
    those little bars now dont change,been the same way since i started playing.
    i picked agathon,since i live in the USA.plenty of nice people there to help and always looking for groups.
    end note: i picked a bunch of empty servers before on other games and had to make another toon on another server more populated.
    best of luck

4. SillySword

SillySword Regular

Well, USA servers are not just for America. Some Asian players would quit DSO if no Tegan server. That's the internet's problem. Why is Tegan server getting smaller? That's not my business even I'm a Tegan player. I used to promote DSO when I participated in local game-talking forum. Maybe DSO team know the reason why Tegan server is getting smaller by statistical analysis.

5. tonariway

Im not american. Tegan havent actually real time lapse between playing peak.

Well, that wouldnt be fair if support start to transfer toon to other server. And absolutely disaster cause smaller servers would be dead as well.

Of course its not only for America. Its quite exclusive server since there playing from all world around ppl.
    I just clear the things what happens in tegan server and im sure not everybody have to complain if they feel fine.

6. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Tegan chat certainly seems to be an empty place most of the time, I'll agree with you there. Getting a group together outside of HOD is also a tough thing to find, but this is because of the game, not just the server.

With HOD, there are specific rewards for the effort. Granted those rewards are still not great, but they are the best in the game. Think about it, with a good group you can clear the map relatively quickly and pick up a minimum of 4 pinks along with some other items. No one wants to make any runs through the other parallel worlds because the drop rate isn't worth the time it takes to complete the map.

Add to that the drop rate for the big bosses like Destructor, Mortis, and Khalys just aren't worth the time and effort.

I don't know if other servers are different or not, maybe someone on another server can tell us if groups are routinely formed for the lower rewarded maps.

There was mention of maybe being able to move to another server one day in the future during the twitch session, but who knows if or when that would really happen.

As to whether Tegan is a USA server or not, the sign in screen is the reason for the confusion... From what I understand both of the so called "USA" servers are in California so not sure how they determined which is east and west.....

[​IMG]

7. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I think that one of the differences between Agathon and Tegan is that event start and end times are earlier on agathon and than on Tegan due to time zone differences.

8. jayr3d

jayr3d Regular

would be nice if they just merge the 2 USA servers together

9. .walshy.

.walshy. Forum Greenhorn

Yes, they should either merge US servers or allow players to "migrate" their toons to any other server of their choice. (And for tegan players it should be done free of charge) As to the problem of lag/ping/latency etc, look at the Balor server - it has players both from US and Europe and they all happy with it.

I've been playing DSO since the beginning of beta test, but last 8 months the situation on Tegan getting more and more frustrating. There are days when there's 20-30 high level players online at most and they're all either pvping or farming HOD. Getting someone to help you complete Q2/Q3 lately became an almost impossible task - unless you can solo it, which most of old players can, but they have no reason to help the newbies, hence if new players even come to tegan, after seeing this frustrating situation they either quit DSO completely or make a new toon on another server.

In my opinion, resolving this situation should be devs. main priority before they even begin working on level 50 expansion. I myself log in only occasionally to check if anything has been done regarding this. Most of my friends either quit completely or started all over again on grimmage/heredur, because tegan became so low populated and boring...

draco994 likes this.
  10. A couple of points to note here:
    ~ The request for players to be able to move a/cs between servers has been forwarded to Big Point several times already. And they have been/are seriously considering it.
    ~ Tegan is somewhat dead on a day-to-day bases, but it gets very lively during events. Often to the point where there is excessive lag due to the influx of "Lazarus" characters.
    ~ Allowing players to freely move their a/cs away from Tegan, would likely spell the end of the server.
    ~ The better option would be to enhance (i.e. increase capacity) and promote the server - encourage Asia-Pacific and Nth American players to settle there. This is my opinion. Not necessarily that of Big Point's.

11. glesia

glesia Advanced

lol is because of the lag on tegan server most players are quiting the game. i also stoped playing till they fix the audio and whatever else

12. jayr3d

jayr3d Regular

only reason theirs alot of people during event is because alot of people pretty much quit and come back for the events to get the rewards and then leave again

draco994 and -HARRA81- like this.
  13. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

I don't how accurate the "bars" in the server list are. But if server change would be possible in future, I am pretty sure that Heredur
    would get a lot more player from the other low populated servers, Tegan and Agathon. It's showing that it has about 50%
    but... What I have been talking to people many have been interested moving. What about migrating servers
    Tegan and Agathon ? Otherwise We might have one highly populated and 1-2 mediocre and 2-3 dead servers lol

jayr3d likes this.
  14. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

Tegan has issues but it is still a fun server. The worse thing on Tegan is the twink problem chasing every new player from game. And since many of the twink builders have already end game level players, they should know better btw, but apparently seeing who can build the most op under twenty level toon outweighs common sense and courtesy towards any and all potential new players.
    Other than that Tegan is a pretty mellow and relaxed server and about half of the active players are really nice people and we've all interacted with each other at one point in game off and on.
    Shame the server is grossly underpopulated but that's an issue BP needs to look at to find ways to entice new players to come and stay. But then there are the players who decide that there are never enough quests and no one should have to EVER grind for xp, so those players leave DSO on a regular basis, but I think that's game wide and not just Tegan. We just feel it more on Tegan as we are a pretty empty server.
    And for the lvl 30's who are on Tegan complaining about not getting into PW's, for myself personally I do not understand why a lvl 30 wants Ammons gear when a: It's too crappy to waste glyphs on upgrading, and b: It's at the best mediocre in usability. But then I am only wasting time in PW for the stupid achievement points and not to keep and use that gear.
    There are my two cents.

15. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Tegan is an interesting server. Many players are end game and each finds a way to play that's interesting to them. For some it is straight PVP, for some twinking for others that don't mind continual fishing, a neverending grind for GOP/gear. It definitely has a friend community though that is more valuable than the group finder and local list. Once you get to 45 its easier to expand your friends list and find common interest. I enjoy the fact that it is a small community, you get to know people and their character capabilities.
    Toonz, when you get all the pieces snap some screen shots before and after you put the set on. Mine bugged out and reset achievment points. I've been waiting for a resolution for a while. They've recognized the error but need a dev fix to proceed. At any rate be cautious and be prepared to prove with SS that you had it.

draco994 likes this.
  16. tonariway

You mean grinding HoD and play 1vs1, 5vs5 only? That's the main problem that we are not all with a good a community and we are not all so lucky get a good heart friends who always play with you and having fun.
    Did you ever tried to visit Andrakasch? People begging there in empty chat channel to help them do the quests, because its definitely not everything about 45lvl.

What im talking here is that Tegan server players cant use all the game possibilities and thats what makes them leave.
    Only the option is to expand this server by adding ppl somehow or leave it to die till the end.

draco994 likes this.
  17. .walshy.

.walshy. Forum Greenhorn

Small community you say? You know what happened when NASA decided to put bunch of people inside a sealed dome, to see how first mars colonists would manage - It was a failure in epic proportions - by the end of the 1st year they started to hate each other so much that few of them actually tried to kill each other... Well, Tegan lately starts to show high resemblance to that NASA dome - it's highly unhealthy.

18. MeanMachine

MeanMachine Forum Apprentice

This what Tegan server looks like during daytime (If you live in Europe), the RCC area:

[​IMG]

This what Grimmage server looks like, same day same time, same area:

[​IMG]

I've counted about 117 groups...

draco994 likes this.
  19. crazyelli

crazyelli Junior Expert

Tegans is far from dead we may not have a high population but we are active ,,,

--MERGED--

Hmm what area did you look at and also time of day,, as alot are working and come on at the USA evening

Last edited by moderator: May 14, 2015
  20. MeanMachine

MeanMachine Forum Apprentice

Hmm what area did you look at and also time of day,, as alot are working and come on at the USA evening[/QUOTE]

1. At exactly same time I've posted my previous message.
    2. I also stated that it was RCC area (Resistance Command Center).
    3. I don't live in USA, and when I come home at evening after work, this is what I see: 5 to 10 people online in Watery Grave Area, 1-2 groups doing Q1, 0! groups doing Q2, 0! groups doing Q3, 0-1 groups busy with Q4/Q5, bunch of overpowered marshals in full party killing mortis :), about 3 to 5 groups constantly grinding in HOD (have no idea how don't get insane spending so many hours in that place :D ), the rest killing each other on the arena... I'm not over exaggerating.

One might ask why am I playing on Tegan then? The answer is simple - when I started to play DSO 3 years ago, I've tried all Euro/US servers but Tegan being the least populated one was the least laggy for me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.