Spellweaver Mind Control

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by DesertKoala, May 18, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

Hello Spellweavers,

Do you, a friend, or a loved one suffer from Spellweaver Mind Control? Do you get the sudden urge in all PVE maps to do Mind Control on mobs so that your team has to wait around for it to wear off before killing it?

There is help. Simply take that skill off your skill bar. Better yet, replace it with Singularity and all is forgiven.

Thank you,
    Tregs

In all seriousness, there is zero reason for you to use this horribly annoying skill except for PVP on their Tree Ent.

Tigraine-Mantear and BigPapa like this.
  2. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

haha, i also like how i use sing and freeze on knight ect,then someone mind controls it. :p Epic

3. Delikvent

Delikvent Forum Apprentice

I aprove, most annoying skill. Head and than smash, smash and spellweaver invoke mind control and mine reaction to that is very violent.

Tigraine-Mantear likes this.
  4. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Bahahaha, poor Tregs. Now I need to spam this skill non-stop next time I party with you. :p

Just kidding.

I tend to adjust the usage depending on the party and the map. There's ways of using it without massively annoying people, especially if you use it for the 1 second skill cooldown effect.

DesertKoala likes this.
  5. babu_o_babu

babu_o_babu Advanced

As long as SWs know how and where to use mind control, that's the best skill to have. Personally speaking, I rely heavily on mind control while doing pve for 1 second cool down time. The faster the SW can cast singularity the better. May be SW should get ride of guardian and rangers of wolfs during PVE, they are the most annoying.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  6. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

When I party with an SW that thinks mind control somehow helps the party, I use a simple rule. You charm it-you kill it.

Making party members burn through concentration to hit something you charmed, making them find a different target or reposition, or having to wait till it returns to normal mode to do damage didn't help anyone but yourself.

Now if you can pull it off smartly so that it does not slow the group or cause them to waste resources then go for it. I have seen a few that can do it smartly without causing headaches for everyone else. But otherwise, you get to kill it.

Tigraine-Mantear and DesertKoala like this.
  7. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

As a spellweaver I have to agree with you. 99% of the time it is more of a pain in the butt when someone uses mind control in a simple mob situation.

There are a couple of exceptions (maybe on a group of beetles in HOD if there are a few in the same area or maybe with a big group of knights in Mortis) but this depends on the number and strength of your group and never when someone else is trying to kill that particular monster.

Experienced mages should know when to dust off this skill and when to leave it alone and focus on killing something.

Now when going solo, this is one my favorite life savers when trying to clear HOD quickly, those beetles can clear a mob for you fast :p

8. Heaven

Heaven Junior Expert

I disagree. Mind control is a very useful skill, especially if there's less than 3 mages in the group. Now, if the people you group with don't know how to use it properly, you should say that to them personally :p.

9. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Other than using it for its CC (crowd control) effect on mobs that cannot be attacked immediately i.e. multiple priests: when is this a useful skill in a group?

10. Heaven

Heaven Junior Expert

When multiple waves come at you at the same time the right thing to do is use mind control on a far away mob for the cool down effect. This allows you to put down two singularities, and, well, I am sure we all rather have one singularity after another rather than just one. As I said, this isn't the case when there are multiple mages in the group, that's the only situation I would say mind control is a waste and slows down the group.

11. hmm

hmm Forum Apprentice

ohhhhh mind control is OP for double skills if you know how and where to use ,seems you don't know it's power

12. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

I am sure there are some that are clueless on how to use this skill. You do have to know a few things about this skill and guild lines on how to use it. Don't want guild lines then I ask people not to use it. If they continue to use based mostly due to language barriers I normally have to kick them.

1. Control a mob with almost no life left and in a aoe damage area.
    2. Control the first mob we come to and let him attack another mob. Once we start attacking do not control unless you can get him to attack a boss...
    3. Go ahead of us and control something before we get there give us a heads up...

If you kick the mage the control ends just in case you waned to know.

13. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I used to do this, then I found out that loot goes missing. (Don't think bug's been fixed yet, and it renders those who use untalented MC as rather pointless.)

To be honest, MC is a tricky spell to master using. In parties that are cutting through mobs like butter, it is a hindrance. In parties that are obviously struggling with the mobs, I use it most frequently to duplicate my singularity.

Then and again, there's always the option of using MC on things that actually can't be "mind controlled" (like bosses) simply for the sake of spell duplication talent. I frequently opt for this so I minimize how much I annoy my teammates.

DesertKoala and _Baragain_ like this.
  14. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Oh Ling, with all the powerful people in Kita MC never has to be used, the mobs don't last long enough to even push the button, but everyone playing doesn't have that luxury.

Again, I simply stated that depending on your group, there are some exceptions for when MC can be a valuable tool if used smartly.

15. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

MC is very usefull in M2 5 knights speed run by mage\DK duo. MC-ed dead knight freezes everyone around so it is easy to get the drop and run away. Also, singu cool down is too long so you have to use it at least for the 2nd-3rd pair of knights.

Archers have never complained about that kind of use, but we never take archers with us to be honest as they are useless :)

_Baragain_ likes this.
  16. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

sebastian beat me to it. Used right, MC is an asset to the team. It means faster Singularities, more DPS and a good experience. However, when used wrong, I just end up frustrated and pissed, particular when the idiot uses it on a bug and then the bug kills the knight and we don't get loot or the kill counted towards a Mortis Coin. I'll just sum up the good and the bad methods below.

The three best ways to use it without pissing off the group are these

1. Use it on a miniboss who is immune to the effect to get extra singularities/DPS.

2. Use it on a little enemy who is almost dead so that when he dies, you actually get the ice effect in addition to the extra singularities/dps.

3. The SW moves past the currently engaged mob, MC's an enemy who is not yet close enough to engage normally, and then uses the extra singularities/DPS for the primary mob. By the time the primary mob is dead, the MC should have worn off and the next mob can be engaged as a whole. This strategy is not without risk though as it puts the SW beyond the tank and in the line of fire. It takes an exceptional SW to do this tactic regularly and effectively.

Now, for the three worst ways to use it.

1. Use it on an enemy in a small mob so everyone has to wait around to kill the lone bad guy instead of moving on.

2. Use it on a high damage bad guy who will probably kill some of the mobs (who will then not drop loot). Bugs are a perfect example of this one.

3. Using it on a lone mini boss who is effected by the skill and then everyone has to stand around waiting because the SW doesn't know what they are doing. The ice minion in the New Moon defense quest is like that.

So, the end result? Used right, amazing skill. I love those SWs and they are always welcome in my groups. Used wrong and it takes a ton of self control to not kick them or leave the group if I don't have the star.

Tigraine-Mantear likes this.
  17. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

I really liked this thread and the thought put into the responses. Thank you all for educating me on the plus and minus of this skill.

18. _Baragain_

That is the point of a community... to share ideas and educate each other about strategies and techniques. It is unfortunate that too often people get belligerent or rude and make this a less friendly place than it could be.

19. AmerickaNindza

AmerickaNindza Junior Expert

you have no idea what are you saying right now. MC benefits for whole group. double singularity? No? triple mob group freeze? No? and i dont know where is your problem to wait for 6 seconds to MC expire. and maybe you played with some noblet that puts MC on single mob and that made you come on forum to post this. next time you decide to wreck yourself check the facts.

20. _Baragain_

And next time, you can read the whole thread before making comments about the OP. Post 17, he came back and said "I really liked this thread and the thought put into the responses. Thank you all for educating me on the plus and minus of this skill." He likely had only run with SW's who didn't know what they were doing, but once his eyes were opened, he saw things from a different angle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.