hardware usage

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Novadude, Jan 28, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Has anybody managed to play this game using an intel bay trail tablet or laptop and a 4g lte connection? Its still an x86 processor, so it should be able to run the thin client if the OS is windows 8.1.

I'm just curious as to whether a 4g lte bay trail tablet (perhaps with bluetooth keyboard and mouse) would provide an ultra mobile option as I already have a 4g data plan (Today my phone today got 9.36 Mbps down, 7.44 Mbps up on a 44 ms ping using the speedtest app.)

Mods: if there is a different subforum thats better, move it there.

2. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

I have ran this on an Atom processor tablet with a 4G lte connection. I did have to run with low settings and I did run from browser. I do not see anything that would prohibit you from using such a device with the thin client. My 4G lte connection is not quite as strong but I did play the game with little to no lag. Extremely well with mobile connection.

3. Yazatlan

Yazatlan Forum Greenhorn

even GPRS/EDGE is good enough to get the best out of DSO u dont need more than few kbp/s except for the preloading phase

what matters is low ping and narrow jitter
    for graphic part, a device with dedicated GPU will have no issues
    the little oneswith GPU merged in the CPU will resent for every little process running in the system
    i managed to play good on acer iconaand thinclient 's better than browser for java adds a big overhead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.